If you are older than 75 years old and living in an elder community, you have the chance to get a free annual health check-up for elders.
With your participation, Unanderra Family Doctors hope to learn as many as possible about risk factors that may require further management.
This assessment incorporates:
- Patient’s history
- Any physical examination and investigation our doctor believe necessary prior to the study
- A detailed medical assessment of your health
- A detailed assessment of you, as our patient, which provides the following information:
- Pulse rhythm and rate
- Mobility during daily activities
- Risk of falls
- Blood pressure
- Psychological and social functions
- Immunisation status for influenza, pneumococcus, and tetanus
- Dental health
- Our Unanderra Doctor’s evaluation of your dedication to live a healthy lifestyle
- Your need for necessary community service
- Information, strategies, recommendations, and advice necessary to achieve a healthy lifestyle
- A written record of your health assessment, including an offer we made to provide a written report for you
For further information about this health check, one of our friendly customer care representative should be able to assist you to get further information. Please make an appointment today and come into our Unanderra Doctor bulk billing General Medical Practice and Surgery to discuss how we can help.